Saturday, September 13, 2008

Week 2!

Well, I have survived my first full week, Monday through Friday, 8 to 3:00, of being public schooled. Pretty exciting... woohoo

I'll try to write down everything I can, but I honestly can't remember much.

Freshmen's homecoming US city was Juno, Alaska, but since nobody actually knew anything about Juno, Alaska, and they just liked it because of the recent movie called Juno, it was changed to Dallas, Texas.

I didn't get in Bye Bye Birdie. I'm pretty bummed about it, but it's alright; that means that I can start piano lessons, and I found out that I could do crew for BBB.
Besides, apparently freshman don't usually get in. There's always next year!

Homework hasn't been to hard yet. I have an average of about 30-45 minutes a day for all my classes. And really, the only classes I get homework for are Chemistry and Algebra, though I have two biggish papers for English and History.

For History I'm writing an essay on Levi Strauss and the invention of the blue jean. I figured that would be an easy one, because we use jeans everyday now, and they had obvious uses way back then. Did you know that the actual way they were invented is lost to the world? It burned up with the SanFran earthquake.

I should probably go now, even though I don't have much homework, I still need to what little amount that I have :-(

~Emily

No comments: